Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Remi Day 3 - Thursday, March 5th, 2015

Thursday, March 5th, 2015

Remi Day 3



These seem to be the most crucial days. There are signs that show improvement and at the same time other obvious indicators that she is in critical condition. We were able to get her to defecate and urinate rather regularly, though she can't make it to the litter box, so she has a tendency to drag herself to a corner in the bathroom and defecate there. She is, however, able to hold herself up in the urinating position which shows me she is getting stronger. To me, her more consistent meowing is not from pain but from expectation of food and needing to go to the bathroom, so I feel she is beginning to understand she has someone there for her, taking care of her. She still eats regularly, but I don't ever really see her drink water and her urine is still a bit dark. Actually, the worst observation we have seen that makes me think she won't make it was last night about 1 in the morning. Hannah and I were up and she had just defecated, so we gave her a shower. I held her for a while outside the bathroom because Hannah and I think it is better for her mentally to see the other cats along with the environment she is in other than the bathroom. As I picked her up to bring her back to the bathroom she meowed loudly as if she was hurt...not a yelp though. I brought her to the litter box. She urinated in it, but we could see blood in the urine. It was sort of a devastating moment because we hadn't really seen any life threatening signs the other two days, so we were starting to feel comfortable that she will make it and just not have use of one leg. I plan to bring her to the Japanese Vet Clinic in district 7 today to get looked at...we'll see....




On a cute ending note: She is starting to bury herself in the towels that we are wrapping her loosely in. She will quickly peer out to see what is happening and then dunk her head back into a cozy little ball of kitten....very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment